This interior genre scene features an exotic Edwardian Spanish señorita in traditional garb posing seductively as she coyly holds a fan.
An original oil on canvas by the well listed artist Alonzo Kimball, who studied in Paris during the 1890s at Académie Julian and later at The Art Students League of New York.
The artist is best remembered for the covers he painted for The Saturday Evening Post.
Some facts and info on Alonzo Kimball
- Comic Book/Strip Illustrator
- Painting Miscellaneous
- Covers – The Saturday Evening Post Mediums
- Pastel PaintingSubjects
- Genre (Human Activity) Geography/Places Visited
- Paris Studied Before 1900 Associations
- Society of Illustrators-Member Exhibitions
- Art Institute of Chicago-Exhibited
- National Academy of Design-Exhibited
- Paris Salon Teachers
- Jules-Joseph Lefebvre
- Tony Robert-Fleury Schools
- Académie Julian-Student
- Art Students League of New York-Student Chronology
- Early 20th Century Before 1950
- Late 19th Century-After Civil War Added Description
- Figure Specialty
- Genre Specialty